One of the four dying roses made an empty spot after it had been dug out. I was going to replace it with Yucca filamentosa ‘Hairy’. This morning I had to separate a couple of the Yucca pups (new growths). After getting rid of the dried up leaves and cleared the ground, I started to dig into the soil. With some other plants grow all around, it was a very awkward thing to do. It took awhile until I could find the rhizome. When I could see the rhizomes I cut them to separate the pups from the mother plant.
One of the new plant has much bigger rhizome but the other one has only a bit . Both hardly have any roots. I am not no sure it they will grow without roots. But I think they will. I was lucky that it has soft leaves without any sharp needles on them.